Here are some Week 1 highlights:
- Students participated in a guided discovery with pattern blocks.
- Classroom jobs were introduced. Ask your child what his/her job was this week!
- We sang and danced to "Mother Goony Bird" and "Oliver Twist" during Morning Meeting
- Birthday math, using our classroom birthday graph
- Journals!!! Your child will write in his/her journal almost every day this year. You can help by talking to your child in the morning about what he/she might write about. Some children need help brainstorming ideas!
- The Big Orange Splot
- Officer Buckle and Gloria
- Hopes & Dreams - We discussed how we are all different, and need different things to learn. Students identified one thing they hope to learn, get better at, or experience in kindergarten.
| || |
- Fire drill
- Kindergarten Rap
- Introduction to Twitter! Students are excited to share their learning and hope to learn from other students in different parts of the world!
- We read Have You Filled a Bucket Today? Ask your child what it means to be a "bucket filler" and a "bucket dipper."
Have a great weekend!