- During Reader's Workshop, we have been focusing on reading "old favorite storybooks." Students have been practicing looking at the pictures, remembering the story, and then retelling the story using character voices. We try our best to make the words we say match the pictures on the page. We have been practicing all of these skills using The Three Billy Goats Gruff, and recently used puppets to practice our character voices. We also discussed how to turn a new book into an "old favorite." You can help your child do this at home!
- Next week we will begin our unit on family. First, we spent time learning more about each other, and celebrating our similarities and differences. We wrote "All About Me" poems which will be displayed in our classroom and uploaded to Seesaw next week for families to view. We read The Colors of Us and The Skin You Live In. Students then mixed paints to create their own skin color paint, and used it to paint self-portraits. These are displayed in the hallway outside of our room.
- In Fundations, we learned the letters "p" and "j." We practiced the corresponding sounds and keywords. Children brought home their own vowel extension charts yesterday. Ask your child to show you how we use it in the classroom!
- We read Bear Gives Thanks and discussed what we are thankful for.
- We attended the Baker School Thanksgiving assembly and joined with the other kindergarten classes to sing "Oats, Peas, Beans and Barley Grow." We were also treated to a festive performance by Baker School staff!