Our performance of Carnival of the Animals was a success! The students and teachers have spent so much time these past few weeks preparing for our show. Students learned all about the symphony music with Ms. Moy, researched Carnival animals, wrote their own research books, created costumes, and more! We hope you all enjoyed the show!
Students painted their animals! Make sure you check out the paintings that are hanging right outside our classroom.
We finished our animal research books today, and Mr. Padula is working on turning them into digital flip books. Stay tuned!
We have been so busy in KG that I have barely taken any pictures!
- Our 100th day celebration was a huge success! Please see the previous post for photos.
- We wrapped up our science unit on structures. Students learned about different types of enclosures, and then built their own enclosures in collaborative groups.
- Our Super Powers Reading Workshop unit culminated this week with a festive "Super Reader Day." Students were so excited to bring a book of their choice home to share with family members. We hope you were impressed by all the reading strategies your children have been working so hard to apply!
- Our preparations for Carnival of the Animals are going well. Students have been learning about the symphony in music class with Ms. Moy. In class, we have been reading nonfiction texts about each animal, and then writing/drawing about what we learned. I am so impressed by the quality of writing that is going on, and it is so exciting to see the students all so motivated by this type of writing. Make sure your calendars are marked for our performance on Thursday, March 28 at 6:00 p.m.
- In math, we have been spending time solving math story problems and writing/telling our own. Students are solving problems by drawing pictures, writing number sentences, and explaining their thinking verbally.
- We have been enjoying all the snow on our playground! Getting dressed for recess takes a little longer these days, but the snow sure is fun!